Thursday 19 January 2012

A simple holiday break

As much as I yearn for a good sunny holiday, I also love a good winter break that involves a fireplace, hot chocolate, wine and good magazines or books. When me and mum visited Tofino on Vancouver Island last March we stayed in a gorgeous little lodge that is reasonably priced and right on the beach. You can have the choice of a smaller, cheaper room (which we did and found to be fine as you don't spend much time in the room) and we got a return visitors rate!



The breakfast is massive, and we took food from it to have for snacks later on during the day, plus in the evenings they put on hot chocolate and cookies for you to enjoy :).



We would sit every evening (we only went for a couple of days) on what I think could be the comfiest sofas in the world, reading by the fire. I think I would do the flight back to Canada (again) just to sit in that lounge once more. It was heaven.



The perfect weekend getaway that I dream of being able to do, perhaps in Devon or Somerset, once I actually, you know, have a disposable income!

Abiento x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!