Wednesday 19 October 2011

Journal Day 25

Continued....

This afternoon we had life drawing and I just thought I would share my results and the fact that I'm very pleased with the results considering I never thought I would ever be able to draw a person! Ever in my whole life!

So here we go:






We focused on measured drawing today, spending varied amounts of time on each figure depending on the size and our focus. Measured drawing essentially involves using a unit to compare everything to in order to get the sizing and proportions right. If you've ever seen an artist hold his pencil or thumb at arms length and squint at it, he his probably using a measured technique.

Plus today has kinda inspired me to use life drawing, or something along the lines of, for the multi choice project! More on that to come :)

Abiento x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!