Tuesday 27 September 2011

Foundation Course

So I realised that I rambled a lot on here about my useless decision making when it comes to life choices, such as do I do the foundation course!? And that in the end I said yes! Well, then I realised that I haven't said much since.

Well, the course is two weeks in, and so far so good. Admittedly my time so far on the course hasn't really counted though. The first week we spent in intro's, long drawing classes and beach drawing classes. Then I left for Lisbon....

But I jumped straight off my train from Bristol (post Lisbon return) and straight into the studio yesterday afternoon. And lucky me, the course leader decided to switch me around so that I was in the fabric and form group! Something I easily felt at home with, and it was comforting to have the fabric and the sewing machine back in my hands. I flailed hugely in getting my head around what needs to be done to catch up, but then spent an extra hour after class with some fabric and a mannequin and re-discovered my love for all things hands on and creatively fashion based. It was great. :)



So this term has had a rushed and absent beginning, in which I am still finding my feet as I get used to a new space in which I feel so uncertain even though lately in the 'real world' I feel totally confident and competent. It's strange, but for now there is too much to do to think about it. We have moved into our new, larger, room in the house and still haven't unpacked, plus I have 3 projects to do this week! (Eeeeek!) Ah well. See you on the other side :)

Abiento x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!