Anyway, so here goes for the survey;
1. Would you describe yourself as a Fine Artist, Designer, a Designer/Maker or an Art/Design Historian? Consider/ reflect on your reasons for your answer.
I would consider myself to be a Designer/Maker and/or an Art/Design Historian. Without sounding too obvious, I say this because that is what I am good at and enjoy most.
2. Did you have any idea of your specialism before you started this course?
Yes. I thought I would do photography, textiles or art history.
3. How has the course altered/confirmed your perceptions?
The course has allowed me to try new things, and confirm what I want to do. It has helped me to re-focus on textiles and realise that that is what I really love and would like to do in the future.
4. What discoveries have you made about yourself in relation to 2d and making?
I have discovered (confirmed) that I work best when making things, and only well in 2d if I am doing photography. Although I believe that this is to do with a lack of training. I have done a lot of photography and textiles and therefore that is where I am comfortable and confident. However I have discovered that I am both good at, and enjoy life drawing. Something that was a surprise to me.
5. Which areas have potential for your further development?
I have other interests in Art History and interior design and styling (linked with my interest in textiles and fabric) And so including those with photography and textiles, the areas we have covered so far that could lead to further development for me are;
- life drawing
- screen printing
- KIT project
- Messages project (I like narrative)
- Art history
6. Ideally, what would your working life be like?
I have always imagined myself as being self-employed one day. I have a strange idea in my head of working from an office or studio with mood boards and fabric swathes. Designing and evaluating projects for clients. (I'm not yet 100% sure what I will be designing/making and evaluating however!)
Look at these lists and highlight all that apply to you
What are your Personal Attributes & Aspirations?
Desk & Computer
Large scale worker
Small scale worker
Work to a brief
What are you good at? What are you interested in?
3D Sustainable Design
Fabric and Stitch
Time Based Media
Computer Aided Design