Tuesday 1 March 2011

Small Spaces

Sometimes I think I would like to be an interior designer. I love moving house/moving room. I get to reinvent a room and figure out how to best use the space. How do I put my stuff into a room and get it to look good? I love it. I love unpacking all my stuff and figuring it out. Making it mine. Is that strange?

I had great fun transforming my halls room in Canada which started out like this.....


and ended up like this...






I didn't have much of my stuff when we moved into this house, plus the room is tiny and when you live with a guy and you're on a tight budget there's only so much you can do. I've done my best, and I've made changes/ improvements since I first posted images of our room on here. So far I've added these bookstands I was given when I was kid and found in storage at my grans


and the rug in this picture, which I have a larger and brighter version of in Canada that I plan on bringing back with me from my trip. (more info on that soon, plus you can see the rug in the above picture of my room at UBC.)

However, as you can tell, my space for improvement has been limited. As a student you don't exactly get a big room. And I'm not likely to for a while. So this book is my current design lust. The authors have quite a range of interior books going.. check them out if you're interested.

This image was taken from amazon.co.uk but is no doubt copyrighted to the book author

I've heard so many great things about it, and the pictures make me swoon. Present hint there anybody!? I know some of my family and friends read this..... wink wink :)

Abiento x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!