The idea was to create three maquettes using different stitch methods to create form and structure in the fabric. After a small amount of time messing around on a sewing machine (so good to be sat back in front of a proper textiles sewing machine), I then just picked up some fabric and started draping it.
This project for me became much more about research and self discovery. I found the project itself rather flat and un-inspiring and while happy with my final outcome do not think its amazing or anything to be hugely proud of. But what I am happy with is the discovery of the following things;
- great enjoyment working alone
- great enjoyment working with others to bounce ideas around with
- lack on inspiration when creating fashion pieces
- huge amount of inspiration when researching fashion illustrations and designs
- difficulty when drawing my ideas (more time drawing needed!)
- great comfort and enjoyment to be back in a textiles room and in front of a Bernina sewing machine.
- ease and suprise when working with fabric on a mannequin as this is something I was yet to do.
So in the interest of keeping this entry short and sweet, like this project here is my final outcome, plus links to the books I used for research, and loved reading and flicking through. In fact I still have one of them sat nicely on my bedside table just as a happy place to go to every now and then!
final choice on maquette placement: